Melody Wilding – The Media Darling Method
You might think that only experts with huge teams and tons of money can get this type of media attention. But I want to share how you can get similar press coverage.
Melody Wilding – The Media Darling Method
Check it out: Melody Wilding – The Media Darling Method
Getting consistent, high-profile press coverage can be one of the most useful techniques for growing your business. Not only will it help drive lots of qualified traffic to your website, but more importantly it helps you to stand out in a crowded market by enhancing your reputation and status as an expert in your field.
After all, one of the most challenging parts of marketing is earning the trust of your ideal clients and establishing your credibility.
Just think about how much more your clients would trust you if you told them you were featured in Prevention Magazine or Fast Company, and how much more you could earn with that added credibility.
I’m sure you’ve seen other small business owners getting marquee press mentions and wondered how do they do it? You know, those experts in your industry who are mentioned in The New York Times, constantly guest blogging for the Huffington Post, and have a slew of shiny logos in the “As Seen On” section of their website.
What’s their trick to getting in the spotlight over and over again, and how do they keep the rest of their business afloat at the same time?
It’s not magic — and if you can put aside your doubts for a second, I will show you why working with the media is actually within your reach right now — regardless of whether you’re just starting out or have been at this for years!
With a little bit of systematic effort in a few key areas, not only can you get featured in the press on a regular basis, you can actually create new opportunities and income streams by becoming a recognized expert.
Imagine how you would feel if you woke up, turned on your phone, and saw the following:
- An alert that Arianna Huffington mentioned you in a tweet to her 3 million followers.
- An email from a producer at a national TV station with asking you to be on their primetime morning show.
- A notification that your advice is in the #1 trending article on Yahoo.
- A message from a Fortune 500 company asking you to come speak to their employees.
You might think that only experts with huge teams and tons of money can get this type of media attention. But I want to share how you can get similar press coverage. Even better, you can do it without spending a cent on hiring a PR person or agency,
How do I know? Because I did it myself — and the results above ones I’ve generated for my business.
Use The Power of Press To Grow Your Business
In the first 12 months after launching my coaching business, I went from zero media presence to being featured in major publications including New York Magazine, Fast Company, Forbes, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Glamour, Mashable, The Huffington Post and many more. Today 90% of my email subscribers and clients come through the PR and press I get. Clients tell me they read my advice in an article and because it’s like a taste of working with me, they instantly reach out.
- My own columns on Inc., Forbes, Business Insider and the web’s top career website, The Muse, which has more than 3 million email subscribers
- Writing for PsychCentral, one of the largest mental health websites on the internet that gets around 3.7 million unique visitors per month
- A TEDx talk that now has over 16,000 views
- A six-figure income
I’ve methodically built my public profile and using my system, I’ve turned press visibility into a lead engine that funnels new clients my way, drives email sign-ups, increases traffic to my website, and solidifies my expert status in the eyes of the outside world.
Increasing my media presence has created new opportunities and more income streams for me, like:
- Consistently filling my coaching spots and having a wait list of dream client
- Speaking opportunities
- Paid guest writing
- A five-figure book deal
Most importantly, establishing yourself as an expert helps make you more attractive and accessible to your ideal clients (and larger numbers of them!). By getting featured in the media you:
- Become easier to find online through Google and social media.
- Show up where your ideal clients are already hanging out, making it easier to lead them back to your website.
- Gain powerful social proof, giving you instant trust and credibility so potential clients choose you over your competition.
Because I’ve seen the power of media to transform my own business, I’m peeling back the curtain and teaching the methods I use to build my platform, brand, and visibility using only free tools.
Get Media Attention Using Only Free Tools
Since day one, I’ve grown my business solo. I wasn’t born with rich parents or insider connections to the media, either. I was able to get results with…
- No media budget or advertising
- A homemade website
- A small (but growing!) email list
- No assistant or PR team
Instead, I developed a repeatable system that any business owner can use to get massive media coverage, all by using a free tool called Help A Reporter Out (HARO for short).
When you sign up for HARO, you get three emails every weekday. Each one has a HUGE list of requests (called “queries”) from reporters and bloggers looking for experts just like you who can share their advice.
If you spot a request that fits your expertise, you simply email the reporter. Then you may be quoted in an article or be interviewed. You can also get on TV, podcasts, and the radio. Although getting featured in the media sounds simple, my readers run into a lot of different problems — from actually landing interviews to figuring out how to leverage exposure into concrete business results.
First, I hear all the time that sorting through the three emails and hundreds of requests in each HARO email is a daunting task in itself. Plenty of my readers get overwhelmed. Many have no idea how to determine “good” HARO queries from ones that aren’t worth their time — so they just give up.
Even if you do manage to get over the overwhelm and start responding to reporter requests, there are other challenges. Journalists receive hundreds – if not, thousands – of HARO responses each day, so getting your advice featured can be harder (a LOT harder) than it seems at first.
“How can I stand out from the deluge of pitches reporters get every day?”
“How can I leverage the visibility I get to attract clients and other opportunities?”
After hearing these questions enough times from other business owners, I decided it was time to share my methods so that others could learn how to promote themselves and finally get their name and services out there.
You don’t need fancy funnels or a big advertising budget to get featured in the press, you just need someone who understands you and your business to show you ropes.
Introducing The Media Darling Method
This self-paced course teaches you my entire approach for PR and press promotion — every last checklist, concept, and strategy — so you can use that visibility to get more clients and become a recognized expert.
What You’ll Learn
You’ll learn the in’s and out’s of using visibility to authentically and ethically market your business — without resorting to sleazy promotional tactics, specifically:
- My formula for spotting high-quality press opportunities, so you can get huge PR wins in less than 30 minutes per day.
- The interview techniques I use to wow reporters and craft the perfect sound bites to establish yourself as an expert and attract your ideal customers to your business
- How to create your own “Invisible PR Agency” so that the media comes to you as a recognized leader in your niche, instead of having to fight through the noise to get their attention. (By putting your media promotion on autopilot, it’s like having a major PR firm on retainer — except they work invisibly behind the scenes for free instead of charging you $5,000 or more per month.)
- How to use my Snowball Strategy AFTER you get featured in the media — including my full checklist — to build your audience, boost your SEO rankings, and leverage your new credibility to get even more social media followers, email subscribers, and media exposure in other outlets.
You’ll also get access to all of the resources in my private archive, which I use on a daily basis, like…
- The exact email template I use to get featured by major publications like Women’s Health, Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Forbes, Fast Company and dozens more — including real examples of actual pitches that reporters have accepted.
- The step-by-step process I follow to build my network of media contacts, get in front of other influencers, and grow my following online.
- The tried-tested-and-perfected checklist I use each and every time I’m mentioned in the press to promote myself and build my brand, which takes the guesswork (and anxiety) out of marketing yourself authentically.
Imagine how much time it would save you to have an entire visibility strategy laid out for you. Not to mention templates PROVEN to get marquee (and repeat) media coverage for me and others.
You might be wondering why I’m giving you this no-holds-barred, behind-the-scenes access to my media tips and tactics. Good question! It’s because I believe the world needs what you have to offer. Now more than ever we need powerful, caring voices like yours sharing knowledgeable advice about how to live happier, healthier, more productive lives.
I feel strongly that every business owner has knowledge worth spreading, which is why I’m dedicated to helping you get your work out there.
Of course you do have other options if you want to learn how to get featured in the press (and the clients and prestige that comes with them). You could hire a publicist, which often will cost $5,000 or more per month. Even hiring an assistant to help you with marketing will likely cost you hundreds of dollars a month. Then you still have to spend time managing them.
Or you could invest in The Media Darling Method one time and to learn how to get huge media wins all by yourself, for the long haul.
If you’re ready to see your name on places like USA Today, TIME, Prevention, WebMD, Real Simple, and more…
If you want to grow your reputation, your business, and your platform…
It’s up to you, but think about it. If increasing your public profile helps you get even ONE new client, after just a few sessions you’d probably make back 5-6x times what you spend on this program.
Not to mention all the frustration and stress you’ll save by learning the short-cuts and insider knowledge I’ve discovered through years of testing what works. You won’t have to spend hours, days, or months going down the internet rabbit hole trying to figure this “visibility” stuff out on your own. Your time (and sanity) as a business owner is your most valuable asset, so be careful what you choose to do with it.
Besides, don’t you owe it to yourself to feel secure owning the expertise you worked YEARS to build and KNOW you have in your heart? I don’t have to tell you that “everything you need is already inside you”. You know that! Plus you probably have multiple degrees and certifications to PROVE you know your stuff. It’s time to stop playing small. Let me help you bring out that confidence by arming you with tools and strategies to help you shine brighter and step into your expertise.
Self-promotion is not a dirty word.
If you want to be successful, it’s not enough to throw up a website and wait for calls to rush in. It’s not enough to create packages, then expect clients to come breaking down your doors. It simply won’t happen.
You have to take charge of your brand. You have to be proactive and put yourself out there online. You have to become known in order to attract the best clients and opportunities to you. You have think big picture, then put systems in place to make those dreams a reality.
So it’s time to decide: Are you going to keep playing small and looking at others’ success wondering “what if”?
OR are you ready to take your public profile and brand to the next level? It’s time to give yourself permission to embrace your expertise.
So, if you’re ready to grow your reputation and your business….