Steve Maxwell – Five Pillars
Admittedly, it can be perplexing. Yet, in order to be effective, a workout program needn’t be complicated. Steve asserts that sticking with the basics provides the best results.
Steve Maxwell – Five Pillars
Check it out: Steve Maxwell – Five Pillars
A MOVEMENT-BASED EXERCISE SYSTEM Steve loves body weight exercise. It’s the first exercise we humans ever did as children — pulling and pushing our little animal bodies. As adults, body weight is just as vital as it is for children. Body weight exercise is especially appealing because the only equipment needed is a horizontal bar, or a set of handles. Steve considers body weight training the simplest, most essential form of strength training, but also incredibly effective. Look at any gymnast, or go visit those locked up guys working out in the prison yards, and you can see the truth in it. Difficulty: there are hundreds of body weight exercises.
How do you select?
Steve has done it for you, and his discernment comes from decades of experience in physical training. For this series, Steve has identified the biggest bang-for-the-buck body weight exercises and they are ably demonstrated by his students. The 5-Pillars system is based upon natural, functional physical movement, not individual muscle groups. Yes, of course, each movement pattern hits the requisite muscles.
You will find the 5-Pillars body weight series especially valuable because it removes the confusing factor of What-to-Do from your workout. Steve Maxwell clears up the confusion! Many people find program design utterly baffling. Steve created the 5-Pillars workout system to put an end to the common training confusion. An almost daily request Steve gets is: Steve, I love the BW Basics series… but how do I put it together?
Admittedly, it can be perplexing. Yet, in order to be effective, a workout program needn’t be complicated. Steve asserts that sticking with the basics provides the best results. With this in mind, Steve has categorized a simple, efficient system of exercise selection that allows the user to construct their own balanced workouts, anytime, anyplace… anywhere.
The 5-Pillars system works like this
• Select an exercise in each category, and put together your five-exercise workout, hitting all essential movement patterns with a single set of max reps for time
• Perform a single set of all-out reps for each of your five chosen exercises
• Also included are ancillary exercise options for the all-important feet, ankles, calves, hands, and neck.
The single most important factor in the 5-Pillars workout system is Time Under Load (TUL). No muss, no fuss. Some people might balk at single sets, and if that’s you, just take a look at Mike Mentzer… or Casey Viator, and then get motivated. In each category, there are advanced, and less-advanced options, so that even beginners can benefit from the most important body weight exercises and attain a level of mastery according to their effort. There is plenty of variety within each category, to keep you busy for years. Further, these exercises are classic, quintessential, and will never go out of style. Steve has not invented exercises for novelty’s sake, but organized the whole for you into a concept that fits inside your pocket. In fact, in this series, Steve has shared his own prototype for program design.
Now you can work out like Steve Maxwell… without regretting it later Who can benefit from the 5-Pillars BW video series
• Anyone who takes a vacation and needs a traveling workout
• Anyone who longs for liberation from the gym and independance from equipment
• Those people who wish to simplify their training and end their confusion about training
• Anyone with a time-crunch factor who still wants a good workout
• This series is for the beginner and advanced alike These workouts are short, sweet, sweet, high-intensity training
Who will not benefit from the 5-Pillars BW video series:
• Those deluded by high-volume bodybuilding propaganda
• Those unable to summon the intensity to go to failure in the set under their own volition
• The weak-willed
• Time wasters The 5-Pillars Workout System is not for those for whom exercise is an end unto itself — Steve isn’t offering feats and stunts here. Herein is the finest general physical preparedness (GPP) on the market.